- First year — $3,500 for basic installation, licenses for 9 simultaneous users, an hour of support each month, upgrades and improvements. ($500 discount for River Network partners.)
+ costs of migration at $80 per hour if migration takes longer than 8 hours
+ costs of customization at $80 per hour for any substantial customization, such as creating whole new objects or workflows. So far, we offer:
- Online email signup sheet (so interested individuals can sign up for newsletters or other information) – included;
- Integrate WaterGrass with Vertical Response or MailChimp email marketing program – 2 hours;
- Integration with online payments. Includes donations, membership, recurring donations, up to 6 custom questions, ability to use mobile “swiper” – 8 hours;
- Online signup for paid events (tickets) – about 2 hours beyond the integration with online payments;
- Online signup for public events – about 6 hours;
- Online public or volunteer event signin – 2 hours;
- Online signup for specific volunteer tasks – about 4 hours;
- Online incident (oil spill or runoff event, etc.) reporting – about 3 hours;
- Online petitions – about 8 hours.
Each of these integrations inserts the names into the database, checks for duplicates, and creates new account and contact records if they’re new.
So far, the total cost for the first year for most organizations is between $3,000 and $4,000.
- Subsequent years – Full support and upgrades — $1,500 annually
- Subsequent years – Just upgrades and use of database — $750 annually
River Network partner organizations get a 10% subsidy off the $3,000 price, as mentioned above. Generally, that more than pays for the cost of a River Network partnership.
The Norcross Foundation has given grants to three organizations to cover the purchase of WaterGrass (although it has turned others down as well). Local community foundations are also often good sources for help, because they’re often interested in seeing you build a sustainable organization for the long haul.