A powerful CRM that comes streamlined for small and mid-size nonprofits, with training and support so you can actually use it.
Technically, that means:
- Built on Salesforce - a web-based CRM with state-of-the-art power and security
- Licenses for 9 users (simultaneous use over the web)
- Mobile apps for iOS and Android let you use your database from anywhere you have a mobile connection, and even where you don't! Data can be stored on your device for later syncing with the database
- Handles donors, members, volunteers, pledges, recurring payments and events. Integrates with payment platforms and email services. Optional integration with QuickBooks
- Integrates with email marketing tools like Vertical Response and MailChimp
- 2 hours a month of technical support - plenty for most organizations
- Annual feature upgrades (automatic)
- Dashboards, automated reports, case tracking, etc.
We created WaterGrass in 2007 for river and watershed organizations, because as trainers and consultants we couldn't find a reasonably priced database that made it easy enough for overworked staffers to do what their organizations needed - consistently tracking and cultivating members, donors and volunteers. Over the past 10 years we've streamlined and honed WaterGrass to serve these organizations - and many more.
Who We Are
Founder & CEO
Baird spent 15 years consulting with and training environmental nonprofits, before he returned to his computer roots to create the WaterGrass database.
Data Administration and Customer Support
Carl worked for 10 years as director New Hampshire Rivers Council, before branching into eBase and eventually WaterGrass.
Peter worked for major corporations before making a break for the nonprofit sector. He's a Salesforce MVP and a contributor to the Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack.